Monday, November 25, 2002

I was of sync today. Just after I woke up I didn't feel like I was here. It felt like I was watching everything from inside my head- like I wasn't controlling anything, just watching.

I got a pleasant surprise when I arrived at work today. Jason, er, GibsonCrash was there! He's back from school for Thanksgiving. So he and I started talking about what direction BPTV will be going in the very near future by what equipment we purchase now. That was short lived because our neighbors in this warehouse, Orwak Company, was relocating and giving away a ton of their furniture and Dacia and Susan are too weak to move any of it so it ended up being the boys doing all the work. I am SO glad Jason was here for that alone, but thats not the only reason. Its just nice to have a balance to all the estrogen here. James TP came in to help but didn't much. He did bring Krispy Kremes. I was hungry (the Krispys didn't help that much) and didn't want to be moving furniture so I was a bit grumpy. So was Jason. But we decided to not be in bad moods. It half worked.

Jim Bird came in to shoot tonight. He performed his Christmas Jim Sings Swing episode. That went pretty well.

Song:
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots part 1 - Flaming Lips I just can't seem to get enough of this album.








Sunday, November 24, 2002


I taught Tiffany how to play Chess. It took some momentum and a lot of explaining. Just when we started to gain some speed we were called to breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Oh my goodness- this was amazing. Scrambled eggs with sausage gravy and biscuits. I was in heaven.

Getting back to Tiff's and my chess game- I think that break was exactly what she needed. She was playing almost completely on her own. In the end she technically won (I helped quite a bit). I was mentally worn out from explaining the many different things needed to be covered, but she wanted to play again. I said no, but she really really wanted to. So I said ok. Lets just say I didn't help nearly as much the second time. Check Mate. She sat and studied every possible way to get out of Check Mate and finally gave in. That was the coolest moment. She was using every bit of knowledge she gained from two games to find a way out according to the rules of chess. Two games ago she had no idea about any rules and here she was questioning each one and following them till she accepted defeat. I was proud of her. She will be a chess monster.

The chicklets were picked up by their dad and Becky and I awaited Spud and Dave to take me back to civilization. Being. We just hung out, enjoying each other's company.

Song:
Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie








Saturday, November 23, 2002



Wake up in the morning to Bridget bouncing on the bed. Not far behind is Tiffany. Stretched our tiredness out and sat down to put together a game. It was an electronic game where you control a very light foam ball through an obstacle course. Harry Potter is in the middle and is supposed to be using his magic to do it when in reality its a tiny little fan. So for most of the day we listened to the games sound bites- "Steady; Concentrate, Focus" etc. It was quite irritating after a while.

Becky made some pork ribs and sour kraut and set it to cook.
Everyone piled into the truck and we cut through the woods to go watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. The movie was alright. I liked it better than the first one. We were all pretty tired when we got home. Becky and I ate the dinner that was cookin while we were gone. Oh my goodness was that good. We had pie all ready to eat, but no room to eat it. So we went to bed.

Song:
Play - Moby

No comments:

more

Related Posts with Thumbnails