Sunday, November 07, 2004

Church/Lord of the Rings

Met Cara at church. This was the first time in about a month that I've been able to go to church. It was nice and Greg Boyd had a pretty good message about freedom from fear. The coolest concept I got out of it was:

your fear of [blank] causes more pain than the actual [blank]. your fear of [blank] will make it more likely that you will have [blank].

Insert [blank] with:
  • rejection
  • poverty
  • aging and death
  • failure
  • being wrong
  • past experiences
  • etc.

I really enjoyed the message.

Cara and I went out to lunch after church, today, and used up the gift card Jen gave me for watching Dasher. Jeremy dropped off Leesha at the Applebees we were at and we all went to Cara's house. We hung out, had some french toast and then sat down to watch Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. I had been wanting to watch it since our anniversary night a week and a half ago because of Enya and Ian McKellen and I started reading The Two Towers yesterday. When I have to move, I believe I will have to pick up this trilogy, for sure. These are worthy to be owned.

music - Howard Shore


No comments:

more

Related Posts with Thumbnails