Sunday, September 26, 2004

So I haven't posted for a few days.

Yesterday I bought a new bike and was immediately called into work for breaking news. I was the first one to arrive in response to the pager. Cara had to hang out while I got the studio and control room up and running. The regularly scheduled crew came in so we left. My bike is awesome. Its a large Raleigh mountain hardtrail with bar ends and a water bottle mount.

I woke up around 3:30 this morning for work. Today was the first Viking Game Day shot live from the Metrodome. Its always a bit crazy out there because you have tons of people who are trying to get into the game and half of them are filled with alcohol. Then we have former Vikings on as quests. Today's guests were Boomer Brown and Robert Smith and... Burt Reynolds!!?? What? Why? Who knows, but he was there, on the set. The best part was we were referring to him as Turd Ferguson over the headsets while we were trying to figure out where to put him in the show. So as I'm standing right next to Burt, Dave the director says- as plain as day, "So, we're replacing Q&A with Turd Ferguson?" I had to laugh. How surreal was that? The show went alright. Somewhere in the middle of the show I saw Terri Huml in the crowd. She was a board member at Bloomington Public Television when I worked there. She was also the Vice President of Advertising for the Vikings at the time. Not sure what she is to them now or why she was there, but it wasn't a surprise that she was there. We got out of there sometime between 1 and 1:30.

After Turd, I went home and rested for a bit. Then Bobo, Laura, Eric, Cara and I went to Shaun of the Dead. Very fun movie. Cara had to run as soon as we got home. Eric hung out and we watched some internet movies. He had not seen Troops before. Then he left and I updated my blog.

music - Thursdays Child - David Bowie (even though its Sunday)

No comments:

more

Related Posts with Thumbnails