Saturday, November 12, 2005

Josh Moved

Josh and I loaded up a U-Haul van and my jeep full of his worldly materials and set off to his new residence. Josh and I met the maintenance guy who gave him the key to his apartment and we went all around looking for nicks and cracks to report so Josh wouldn't get charged for those things when he moves out.

After all was settled we started to unload. We got the jeep emptied out and had the van in position when Greg arrived. Unloaded and in the apartment, Greg and Josh took off to pick up more furniture from IKEA and somewhere else and get us some food while I stayed at the apartment and built a tv stand and waited for the bed delivery and the cable guy.

I finished quickly and laid down to read.

Soon everyone arrived at the same time. After the bed was in and everyone left, Josh went to drop off the van while Greg and I built a shelf. I love the fact that Greg and I can find any situation hilarious because we were laughing our asses off while trying to build that thing. Fun.

Not long after Schneidy returned the cable guy got there, too. And Greg had to leave. After all was settled in and the cable guy was gone, I too took off.

We talked about his recently ended relationship quite a bit and figured this move was a major step in the right direction.

I stopped in at the Shinder's just up the street from Josh's, the one I used to go to all the time. I also stopped at Hot Comics up in Richfield where Greg and I would go every Wednesday back in the golden age.

Felt good to use almost every muscle in my body. And it felt good to help a friend.

more

Related Posts with Thumbnails