I feel productive today. Tackled two projects that actually went very well. First one was computer related. I have an Asus EEE netbook. After a couple of less than successful runs on various Linux based operating systems I found Eeebuntu that has proven rock solid for quite a long time. Pretty much every other day there are updates that are installed, constantly improving the little bugger. A week or so ago one of these updates resulted in the netbook no longer being able to access our wifi- or any wifi connection. I took the time today to find the problem. It was one update that created this problem for many people with the exact same system. This made the fix easy to find. After that it was only a matter of time learning how to add the one line of code to the boot menu.
The second project was our garage door was ajar...
Two major problems with the door was one of the track wheels came off and the cable unspooled off it's wheel, coiling around it's axle.
After securing the kids, Cara
and I worked
together and with leverage and body weight we balanced everything, created enough cable slack, got everything reseated, and successfully fixed our garage door. Cost = $0.00